Here at SpaMedica our purpose built state of the art facilities are modern, first class and equipped with the latest technology. In 2018, SpaMedica became the largest NHS cataract surgery provider in the UK.
We are looking for people to join our family focused and employee led business to continue providing a high standard of care to each of our patients. All of our hospitals inspected by the Care Quality Commission have been rated as ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’.
Hospital Address: West Suite Ground Floor, Discovery House, 4 Norwich Business Park, Whiting Road, Norwich, NR4 6DJ
Video tour of the Hospital: www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0LwXaXDlw
Benefits for our Scrub Nurses/ODP:
- Up to £44,147 (Dependent on experience)
- Bonus 1 – January – Potential to earn up to 5% of your salary based on hospital/company performance.
- Bonus 2 – June – Potential to earn up to 5% of your salary based on individual performance.
- 4-day working week on a rota starting 7.30am til 5.30pm and 1 in 4 Saturdays. (No night shifts)
- Overtime opportunities available.
- 33 days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- Time in lieu scheme – If you go over your contracted hours, we will give you your time back.
- Recommend a Friend Award (£350 reward for both you and your friend).
- Free Annual Flu Vaccination.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Professional registration NMC fees paid.
- Free uniform and DBS check.
- Transport links to the Hospital.
- Hospital close to a number of shop facilities.
- Long service, employee recognition and appreciation awards.
- Discounted benefits at a large selection of retailers/hospitality.
- Specialised training and development in a theatre environment within Ophthalmology.
Role and Responsibilities of our Scrub Nurses/ODP:
- Provide Scrub/ODP assistance and experience for clinical procedures.
- Assist the consultant and clinical team in the delivery of all ophthalmic care.
- Manage all the theatre equipment daily.
- Admission and discharge of patients on theatre days.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance and NMC or HCPC guidelines.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NMC or HCPC Pin – your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- At least 6 months theatre experience post registration within a hospital or clinic setting.
- Previous experience in Ophthalmology desirable.
This role will be based at the Norwich clinic, however travel to other sites may be required on occasion and for training.