SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and one of the largest providers of NHS cataract surgery in the UK.
We are looking for a Hospital Porter to join our friendly team based in Peterborough working in one of our first-class hospitals, providing all your focus and attention to each one of our patients.
Benefits of joining us as a Hospital Porter:
- £17,687 per annum salary
- Competitive salary bandings
- Staff Parking
- Continuous training and development programme through our Internal Learning Management system and clinical training team
- Bonus 1 – June – potential to earn Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
- Bonus 2 – February – hospital/company related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases in line with the bandings
- Staff Benefits, including discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality and fitness facilities.
- Referral programmes – a cash reward for introducing new employees to SpaMedica
- Internal Company recognition programme
- Reward for reaching length of service milestones
- Twice yearly all staff celebration parties
- Career Progression within the business.
- 20 days holiday (33 days including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme.
Why join SpaMedica?
- We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
- We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK, with low complication rates.
- We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
- We have 24 hospitals and many more planned to be open in 2021.
The Role of a Hospital Porter will involve:
- Ensure that all visitors to the hospital are greeted professionally in a friendly manner
- Assist patients with car parking and direction queries
- Escort patients to their appointments whilst assisting the elderly with wheelchairs if required
- Completing triage and ensuring patients paperwork is completed.
- Assist with deliveries as required in conjunction with clinical stores
- Assist with minor jobs examples include office furniture moves
- Changing of gas cylinders for theatre lists
- Required to open and close any external car parks, undertake any general maintenance duties and ensure all areas are tidy
- Responsible for the daily management of outgoing post and assist with deliveries as required
- A walk round the building internal and external before the closing, ensuring all areas are secure and alarm is activated.
- Opening of the building, deactivate the alarm with an external walk round checking for sharps or litter.
- You will carry out weekly fire checks including: fire appliance checks, fire door checks and fire alarm checks
- Logging estates issues and liaising with other departments for resolution
What you need to apply:
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure our patients receive high quality of care during their journey with us
- Ability to work effectively in a busy environment’
Please call us for an informal chat if you’d like to find out more about working at SpaMedica. Or if you’re interested in this role, please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.