SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for an experienced Patient Referral Administrator / Coordinator to join our team based in Bolton to deliver a high level of service for our patients. This includes ensuring all referrals are uploaded onto the systems and each patient is given an appointment. Your strong administrator skills will also forward plan to ensure the capacity of our appointment sessions are being fully utilised and clinic availability matches demand.
You will be part of a busy team and this role is vital to ensure we run our clinics smoothly and offer a great service to our patients.
So what can we offer you?
- £17,771 per annum salary
- Up to 5% annual personal performance related bonus
- Annual company performance related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
- 37.5 hours working week Monday-Saturday – (Expectation to work 1 in 9 Saturdays)
- 20 days holiday (28 days including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
Why join SpaMedica?
- We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
- We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK
- In 2018 we became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery – 24.000+ surgeries per annum.
- We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
- We’re proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting SpaMedica in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus.
- We have over 30 hospitals and will be opening more new hospitals over the next 12 months.
- We need somebody to Enter and upload patient referrals into the system. You will book and arrange pre-assessment/surgery appointments.
- You will ensure appointment sessions are fully utilise and deal with appointment amendments.
- You will ensure cases are seen within appropriate time frames and deal with patient enquires whilst reporting and responding to any complaints/incidents.
Full training will be provided.