SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and one of the largest providers of NHS cataract surgery in the UK.
We are looking for a qualified experienced Optometrist to join our friendly team based in Newcastle Upon Tyne (NE11) working in one of our first-class hospitals, providing all your focus and attention to each one of our patients.
Benefits of joining us as an Optometrist:
· £47,124 – £58,300 per annum salary
· Continuous training and development programme
· Bonus 1 – June – Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
· Bonus 2 – February – hospital/company related bonus
· Annual pay reviews and increases
· 37.5 hours over 5 days
· No evenings and only 1 in 4 Saturdays when required
· 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing with length of service
· Company pension scheme
Why join SpaMedica?
· We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
· We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK, with low complication rates.
· We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
· We have 34 hospitals and many more planned to open in 2021/2022
The Role of an Optometrist will involve:
· Analysing diagnostics
· Discussing the surgery process with patients and expected outcomes
· Ensuring patients understand all the facts and risks
· Taking time to answer all our patient questions
· Providing reassurance around the patient journey
· Letting the patients know the visual outcome of surgery – this is the part of the role our optometrists enjoy the most!
· Listening to how surgery has improved our patients’ lives and find out all the wonderful things they are able to see (and do) again
· Supporting in other clinics within the region as and when required
What you need to apply:
· Current GOC registration
· Proven post-registration experience of at least 12 months is essential for this role.
This role will be predominantly based in Newcastle Upon Tyne with travel to other sites within the region required on occasion for training and cover purposes.
Please call us for an informal chat if you’d like to find out more about working at SpaMedica. Or if you’re interested in this role, please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.