SpaMedica wants to be recognised as one of the best healthcare brands in the UK. Our Founder always wanted a ‘family-feel’ for the company and it feels that way, even though we’re a pretty big family now!
Site Location: Berkshire, Quoin house, Fishponds Rd, Wokingham RG41 2QJ
Benefits of our Optical Assistant:
- £22,453 – £28,076 per annum
- Work life balance shifts of 4-day a week starting 7.30am to 5.30pm and 1 in 4 weekends. (over time is available as and when required).
- 31 days holiday (includes bank holidays) increasing with length of service.
- Bonus 1 – June – potential to earn up to 5% individual performance related bonus.
- Bonus 2 – January – potential to earn up to 5% hospital/company related bonus.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme (£350 reward for both you and your friend)
- Free Quarterly Snacks
- Benefits discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality.
- Time in lieu scheme, if you go over your contracted hours, we will give you your time back (we want our staff to feel appreciated and valued).
- Free Annual Flu Vaccination
- Paid DBS
- Continuous training and development programme through our internal learning management system and clinical training team to help enhance your skills.
Responsibilities of our Optical Assistant:
- Act as theatre runner, escort in busy theatre environment.
- Assist in the running of pre and post-operative clinics for all patients.
- Work alongside the optometrists in the day to day running of clinics carrying out the relevant diagnostics examinations.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Manages all the diagnostic and theatre equipment on a daily basis.
This role will be based at the Wokingham clinic, however travel to other sites may be required on occasion and for training, we will pay all expenses occurred during travel off site.