SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and one of the largest providers of NHS cataract surgery in the UK.
We are looking for an experienced Optical Assistant (HCT) to join our friendly team based in Chelmsford working in one of our first-class hospitals, providing all your focus and attention to each one of our patients.
Site Location: Fenton House 85-89 New London Road Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0PP
Benefits of joining us as an Optical Assistant (HCT):
· £18,805 – £22,285 per annum salary
· Continuous training and development programme
· Bonus 1 – June – Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
· Bonus 2 – February – hospital/company related bonus
· Annual pay reviews and increases
· 37.5 hours – 4-day shifts – (7:30am- 5:30pm)
· No evenings and only 1 in 4 Saturdays when required
· 23 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) – increasing with length of service
· Company pension scheme
Why join SpaMedica?
· We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
· We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK, with low complication rates.
· We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
· We have 37 hospitals and many more planned to open in 2022
The Role of an Optical Assistant (HCT) will involve:
· Working alongside the clinical team in the day to day running of the clinics
· Carrying out diagnostic examinations including pre and post-operative clinics
· Preparing areas for clinical activity, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use
· Act as a escort in Theatre supporting other clinical professionals and ensuring patients receive the highest quality of care during their surgery.
· Clean and store away equipment used.
What you need to apply:
· 6-12 months experience within an optical setting
· Passionate about developing a career in Ophthalmology.
· Ability to provide friendly high-quality care for patients in a caring manner
This role will be predominantly based in Coventry with travel to other sites within the region required on occasion for training and cover purposes.
Please call us for an informal chat if you’d like to find out more about working at SpaMedica. Or if you’re interested in this role, please apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.