SpaMedica are looking for a talented RGN to join our brand-new hospital based in Sittingbourne to work with our patients in performing pre and post op checks for cataract, as well as working alongside our theatre staff. SpaMedica knows a work life balance is vital for our nurses and so we offer a 4-day a week shifts and only ‘1 in 4’ weekends. Also, you’ll get a great salary plus two bonuses per year, for, hopefully, doing a job you love. Due to the success of SpaMedica we now have over 20 hospitals with many more planned in 2021.
Our nurses’ package includes:
- Competitive salary bandings
- Staff Parking
- Continuous training and development programme through our Internal Learning Management system and clinical training team
- Bonus 1 – June – potential to earn Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
- Bonus 2 – February – hospital/company related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases in line with the bandings
- Staff Benefits, including discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality and fitness facilities.
- Referral programmes – a cash reward for introducing new employees to SpaMedica
- Internal Company recognition programme
- Reward for reaching length of service milestones
- Twice yearly all staff celebration parties
- Career Progression within the business.
- Work life balance shifts of 4-day a week starting 7.30am to 5.30pm and 1 in 4 weekends. NO NIGHTS
- 25 days holiday (33 days including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme.
Here’s a little about us to begin with:
- We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
- We are dedicated to reducing NHS waiting times for cataract surgery, YAG capsulotomy and AMD treatments.
- We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK, with low complication rates.
- We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
- In 2018 we became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery – 24.000+ surgeries per annum.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance.
- Undertake all care for patients whilst in the hospital including diagnostic tests and post-operative care.
- Admission and discharge of patients on a theatre day.
- Administer drugs in accordance to the NMC guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines.
- Follow correct procedure for reporting any accidents or incidents.
- Take part in the hospital on call rota.
- Assist the consultant and clinical team in the delivery of all ophthalmic care.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Ensure the correct storage of all equipment.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring realistic par levels are maintained and all items are readily available.
- Manages all the diagnostic equipment on a daily basis.
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Deal with any incoming queries from patients
- Provide support and mentorship to colleagues and new staff.
- Undertake ALS training
To be considered for this role you will hold a current NMC/HCPC registration and have at least 12 months post-registration experience.
Please call us for an informal chat if you’d like to find out more about working at SpaMedica.
We look forward to hearing from you.