SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery.
We are looking for an experienced Consent Assistant / Administrator to join our busy team based in our Bolton Head Office to provide and project a positive, friendly image to our patients and use your strong administrator to ensure the smooth running of the team.
As a Consent Assistant / Administrator, reporting to the Referrals Manager you will work as part of a team of four to support in delivering a high-quality service to our Patients, specially around the administration of patient consent prior to surgery.
The successful candidate will have good attention to detail and be able to complete admin duties.
So, what can we offer you?
- £17,771 per annum salary
- Up to 5% annual personal performance related bonus
- Up to 5% annual company performance related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
- 37.5 hours a week (5 days a week Monday-Friday)
- 20 days holiday (28 days including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
- Online discounts platform
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company events (Summer and Christmas party)
Why join SpaMedica?
- Our outcomes are some of the best in the UK – helping thousands of patients improve their vision.
- Our patients provide fantastic feedback about us – this includes our short waiting times, their improvement in vision and how it’s improved their quality of life.
- We’re very friendly and you’ll see lots of smiles from staff and patients.
- We’re proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting SpaMedica in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus
- Complete consent checks for patients prior to surgery through: (Reviewing Patient Documentation. Accessing the NHS database to upload SCR (Summary Card Record) for our patients)
- Contacting Patients to obtain consent in advance of surgery
- Accurately and with attention to detail upload the details of consent to the correct patient’s file on MediSIGHT
- Work within agreed timeframes
- Completing ad hoc duties as required and directed by Patient Administration Manager
- The successful candidate will be given a Smart card to access the NHS Database, in conjunction with these the candidate will be shown a short presentation on the strict use of a Smart Card and sign to agree to the restricted access
You Must also have the following:
- Excellent data entry and accuracy skills
- Ability to work over multiple systems and databases
- Customer service experience.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good IT literacy (Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to follow the service protocols and the guidelines of a clinical service